Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Things I hate...

Fat stewardesses -
I think that discrimination is wrong in all cases that dont involve a) my sleep and b) my elbows. Sadly fat air wenches win the all of the above prize.
With my long legs I have to sit in the aisle seat so that I can every once in a while stretch my legs also my shoulders are 2.5 inches wider than southwest's seats (Ive measured) and no matter how close I get into the poor middle passenger's seat I still hang over slighty into the aisle. If you cant, as a stewardess, fit down the isle without intimately grinding my elbow with your love handle then I think you should find another profession.

In other news I have been talked into competing in an "adventure race." which is like a triathalon but is trail running, mountain biking, and kayaking.

http://www.terrafirmapromo.com/events/sprint/

I had previously told myself that I would never do anything of this sort, and even made fun of those who had, Reza. I never saw the fun in it. But I guess now that I am a working man, my valuation of what is "fun" has changed. I mainly am excited to have a reason to train for, because normally I hate cardio. But there is still part of my mind that wonders why I am paying someone to allow me to run around alot and cause myself lots of pain.

Stay tuned bc marty is my partner and I am sure that as we train more and more there will be hilarious stories.

3 comments:

Reza said...

Welcome to the Darkside Bob... I have a huge grin right now.

Lea Tame said...

Things are alright here... same as always. Maybe you should come visit and see me this time since Texas is boring!

Matt and Katelyn said...

What?? RObert has a blog! Glad to see you join the train...